The following families of boyars founded the monastery:
Sardanescu, Brailoiu, Farcasanu, Poenaru, Maldarescu,
Bengescu, and Mageru. It was constructed during the reign of
Ioan Caragea Voivode between 1812 and 1817.
The exterior of the church has been divided into two separate
registers by a frieze built of brick having the shape of a
semicircle. The paintings, which were done in fresco, have
been well preserved in the porch. The tower has the shape of
a square and serves as a belfry too.