The Monastery has been made in the 17th century. Initially, it
was for monks; the first church of the monastery was made by
wood. About 1800, the resident monastic of one Skete of nuns
from Bucharest was transformed and moved to this monastery.
The monastery derives its name from the owner of the land,
The church was built in 1812 when Radu Golescu was a high
official at the princely court of the time. The architecture
has preserved its original form, with the execution of the
interior mural paintings, which were painted in the New
Byzantine style by Father Eftimie in 1813, and which were
reconditioned but not changed. Segments of the original
paintings can still be seen in the porch of the church, but
the frescoes are the work of Master Belizarie and were
executed in 1929. The exterior walls of the church were
decorated with mosaic medallions by the painter Gheorghe Raducanu.
The monastery shelters a collection of liturgical art objects
and of old religious books.
Several workshops have also been accommodated within the monastery
grounds, as for instance, the weaving workshop for
manufacturing sacerdotal attire and the embroidery workshop
for making priestly vestment ornaments.