In the 18th century, in 1786, the church was
substantially enlarged: several monastic cells were built
(of stone); the chapel and the abbot's houses were raised.
At the beginning of the 20th century, a sanatorium was
accommodated in one of the outbuildings that surrounded the
holy establishment. It was located on Mount Pietrosu in a
lovely woodsy area, at an altitude of 650 meters.
For a while, the skete was subordinated to the Bistrita Monastery,
whereas in 1991, it was transformed into a monastery.
In the 16th century, the hermits placed a small icon of
the Theodokos into an oak-tree trunk and, as soon as the
icon was discovered, a small church (called "The Little
Icon") was raised in order to venerate it.
Now, all worship activities are performed in this small church,
because the old monastery houses the sanatorium.