The following structures were
accommodated within the monastery grounds: the hospital,
whose church has as dedication day the ”Dormition of the Birthgiver of Good” and which was founded by Maria Doamna,
(between 1696 and 1699) and painted by masters Preda Nicolae
and Ianache; the monastic chapel, which was founded by
Constantin Brancoveanu Voivode between 1696 and 1697; the
Skete of Proto-Martyr Stephen the Archdeacon, which was
founded by Prince Stefan, the son of Constantin Brancoveanu
Voivode in 1703, and painted by masters Ianache, Istrate,
and Ranite, the Skete of the Holy Apostles Peter and Paul,
and the Skete of the Apostle and Evangelist John the
Theologian, which was founded by Father Ioan, the abbot of
the establishment, in 1698.
The monastery possesses one of the most
remarkable collections of liturgical objects – some of which
date from the time that the holy establishment was founded.
The paintings and the sculptures in stone and in wood are
dating from the epoch of Constantin Brancoveanu Voivode. The
monastery also shelters a valuable library, which
incorporated approximately four thousand volumes. This holy
establishment is the most comprehensive and outstanding
complex within the pattern of the Brancoveanu style ever
constructed in Romania.
On June 20th, 1992, the Holy
Synod of the Romanian Orthodox Church decreed the
canonization of Constantin Brancoveanu Voivode, of his sons
Constantin, Stefan, Radu, Matei, and of the Counselor
Ianache as holy martyrs, instituting the celebration of
their dedication day on August 16th.